here’s our take on earth hour 2009:
we joined in the ‘lights out’ session for an hour..what we did was stay outside the house, drawing our earth hour 2009 ‘masterpiece’ (hehe) and gazing at the stars (my, i’ve almost forgotten how beautiful stars are – shining ever so brightly in the dark clear sky…gosh..it was…one word – subhanallah! )
during the one hour of self reflection, we came out with our ‘go green resolution’ – what we can do as an individual (as a family) to curb global warming and pollution.
our go green resolution 2009:
- sort our rubbish (paper, plastic, aluminum) for recycling
- reduce – electricity, water consumption, and plastic bags (use shopping bags instead)
- use ‘kain buruk’ instead of kitchen towels
- donate used items
- use hydrogen for our car
- muhammad – wear cloth diapers
- to maintain: not throwing rubbish at sidewalks, etc (merata2).